Stem cell therapy has created a niche for itself ever since its inception and for reasons good. It uses the own stem cells of the patient for repairing injuries and damaged tissues. The other reasons why it is used include treating ligament tears and tendon, increasing flexibility and motion and reducing joint pain.
Stem Cell Defined
Prior to delving deep into the advantages of stem cell therapy, it is vital to know what stem cells actually are. Stem cells are crucial for a living organism and for a couple of reasons. Within the embryo that is 3-5 days old known as a blastocyst, its inner cells will indeed give rise to the organism’s entire body which also includes every specialized cell type as well as organs like eggs, sperm, skin, lungs, heart and other tissues. And in some of the adult tissues like brain, muscle and brown marrow, the discrete adult stem cells populations create replacements for the other cells which are lost due to disease, injury or general wear and tear.
The Plentiful Benefits Explained
If you are wondering with a plethora of excellent choices available at your disposal what is so special about going for a stem cell therapy. Well, if you feel so, think again. Stem cell therapy overall uses biologic material that is directly harvested from the body of the patient, and its general advantages include minimal worry, minimal recovery time and minimal risk. When you choose National Stem Cell Therapy, you can benefit in ways untold namely,
- Avoid Surgery, Its Risks, and Complications- This is a non-surgical procedure that is minimally invasive. The stem cells indeed are harvested from the bone marrow of the patient from the pelvis (iliac crest).
- Minimal Recovery Time- In case of any injury the maximum time-consuming thing is not the treatment but the time to recover. But the good news is, in case of stem cell therapy the time to recover is minimal.
- Sans Anesthesia- Often people are not comfortable with the feeling that they get from general anesthesia. While there are others that feel anxious at the very thought of it, if that is the case, stem cell therapy is your ultimate choice because here there is no use of anesthesia.
- Rejection Free- As it uses biologics that are extracted from a patient, in case of stem cell therapy there is just no risk for rejection ever.
- No Transmission of Communicable Disease- As the stem cell originates in one’s own body, spreading the disease to or from another person does not arise.
The bottom line is, stem cell therapy since the past decade has grown dramatically and its most promising factor is it paves the way to provide relief to those suffering from injuries that are difficult to heal and chronic pain and that too without any risky surgery or medication. Stem cell transplants are of two types- allogeneic and autologous. The sources of such stem cells that are harvested include umbilical cord tissue, umbilical cord blood, adipose tissue, and bone marrow; all are rich and safe sources. To know more contact an expert today.