Diet pills work for women, but they should be taken safely and supplemented with a diet and exercise program. If you want your over-the-counter diet pills to effectively boost your weight loss diet, you should be directed by a professional or health care professional. If you want to start a lean diet, talk to your doctor. You need to consider your safety when losing weight, especially if you have a medical condition and are taking other medicines before using diet pills for women. What are some effective diet pills for women that can be purchased without a prescription?
- Alli or Orlistat. This is the only weight loss pill approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Alli works like Xenical, although it is also prescribed at lower doses. Eating Alli will block the absorption of fat in your digestive tract. Some precautions should be considered as FDA investigations of the effects of Alli on liver damage are ongoing. If you use Alli, be sure to consult your doctor, especially if you have a history of digestive problems or liver damage.
- Green Tea Extract. Green tea extract has been effective for medicinal purposes for over 5,000 years. If you are overweight or obese, green tea extract can help you lose weight. Green tea is a potent fat-burning agent because of its catechin content. It is a kind of antioxidant. Green tea also contains high caffeine, which is why side effects are commonly used. If you are sensitive to stimulants, ask for a decaffeinated version of this product.
- Conjugated linoleic acid. CLA works by reducing body fat and stimulating muscle growth in weight loss. CLA is a compound commonly found in cheeses, meats and some vegetable oils. There are few side effects when using CLA for weight loss, however, there is still no complete evidence for its efficacy and safety.
- Hoodia One of the most popular diet pills for women is hoodia gordonii, a desert cactus plant. In South Africa, among the San Bushman tribe, hoodia is used to relieve starvation and long trips to the desert. Hoodia works by suppressing appetite and controlling food cravings for people with severe eating disorders. Hoodia is known for having a safe and effective weight loss product for women, yet evidence is insufficient to prove its benefits and risks.
- chitosan As a weight loss product, chitosan works by limiting the absorption of fat into the intestine. However, further studies on its safety and efficacy in weight loss should be undertaken. Chitosan is obtained as a porous seafood extracted from the crustal skeletons. Although diet pills have been found to have fewer side effects for women with chitosan, they do suffer from life-threatening allergies for people who are sensitive to the skin.
Here are 5 of the most popular diet pills for women. If you plan to use any of these products to supplement your weight loss plan, be sure to consult a physician.